** I know this is long - if you are able to answer any, or a few, of the questions contained in this post, I would be extremely thankful. Really any comments would be appreciated so I know I'm not alone**
I've read all the threads on this and other subs regarding taxes, and recently bought a 1 yr. subscription to cointracking.info. Unfortunately, I purchased ETH, LTC, and BTC via coinbase for the first few months of my trading, until I found out that GDAX is so much cheaper and easier to use.
So I have records in CSV format from both exchanges, similarly, cointracking.info couldn't seem to reconcile (whether using CSV imports or API data) my various transfers from coinbase to GDAX for my day trade attempts and from GDAX to coinbase after purchasing, and before transfer to a hard wallet. So it interpreted these transfers as "sales."
I've also sent a handful of ETH to binance to put into various alts (which are all currently down). I recently day traded a bit with BTC while it was falling predictably down and increased my holdings by .05 or so. I wasn't thinking, and now realize that this effectively "realized" my gains on part of my BTC that I had been buying since early August. I repeated this process quite a few times, buying and selling the same sum of BTC.
I luckily have a family friend who helps do my parents taxes in exchange for dinners and out of generosity. I approached him with questions about how to "track" my gains off of ETH into binance alt coins, as the price of ETH shifts constantly, and we ended up talking taxes. He asked me to chart every transaction - volume, price, date, fee, coin, etc. in excel - I had been doing this fairly well for months, and think that combining the coinbase and GDAX CSV files for each 3 coins might work, but it's so much data I'm very stressed - and equally pissed if my day trading stupidity (which earned me 500 dollars) ends up costing me 3 K in taxes.
- However, what I don't understand is how one is supposed to "pair" or decide which portion of BTC they realize when they sell. Because I bought BTC all the way up from around 3 K and if I technically realized the gains from some BTC I bought at 9 or 9.5 K during my trading / realizing, then the tax I owe would be a lot less than the sale of BTC bought below 5, etc. Is this discretionary - I know there's means to I.D. specific coins, but when I sold it was certainly a varied mixture of *hundreds of different small purchases.
- I'm also having problem even using the GDAX CSV of sale records, because of some recent day trading, my technical cost includes duplicated "re-buys" of day traded coins, so it thinks I spent like 7 times what I really did, when in reality I was buying / selling the same bundle of coin / coin fractions.
- With my limited understanding of taxes (recent college grad with no job yet) I'm hoping that for some of the day trading, it will at least only be the first (of a handful of buys and sells with the same coins) that are realized to cause any substantial tax costs, as once I sell and re-buy once, my basis is now much higher, and given that I was selling and buying in the same general price range of BTC (and other coins) the spread / difference would be comparably minimal, so it's not like it takes the same 25% or whatever percent each time I make a trade, right?
- Lastly, does anyone know how capital gains from conventional stock portfolios affect your tax bracket? I may have read that some people qualify for 0% tax on long term gains if they have no job, and meet a few other variables. I currently have no earned income, but do have a relatively large stock portfolio which I oversee with a family member, the markets done well this year, but to my knowledge none of this large and varied volume of stocks are ever sold / realized, they are just being "hodled" for lack of a better word, as many do in traditional investing.
- Having acted out of greed / opportunity and naivete (thinking I was helping myself + making money by buying before a dip and buying back, I will never day trade again. I only hope that these taxable events do not eat up a huge fraction of my gains, which I have worked hard to accumulate while working diligently to learn the ropes of crypto buying and research. I'm not asking for sympathy, as I have it better than many, but I do seek information and want to have some general questions answered before I go back with a giant excel file to bring to my family friend, so I can ensure the information is accurate, etc.
I know this was a lot of varied questions, and I'm happy to re-format in more palatable bullet points, but if anyone is willing to answer any of the above confusions I would be very thankful and would find a way to give thanks
Thanks for your time - a concerned / born again hodler
3. Upload your CSV or XLSX file here Please note that the Binance CSV and API data is not compatible. You can upload the trades file (TradeHistory.xlsx), the deposit file (DepositHistory.csv) and the withdrawals file (WithdrawalHistory.csv). Binance Coin Value. You can now find out the Binance Coin Value from some of the leading exchanges such as Binance, Bitstamp, Kraken, Coinbase etc. Our widget compares the prices between exchanges on the charts, letting you see where the best price is. You can also use the buttons to switch between Binance Coin charts. By default, we provide ... Support Resistance, Pivot Points for Binance Coin / Bitcoin with Key Turning Points and Technical Indicators. Best Bitcoin Price Charts: When it comes to monitoring the market for the latest trading opportunities, nothing comes more in handy than the ability to see price conveniently on a chart. This is true even for Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies – Binance, the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange, even acquired CoinMarketCap recently for an undisclosed sum estimated to be as high as $400 million. Binance CSV converter. Close. 5. Posted by. u/rengglian. 1 year ago . Archived. Binance CSV converter. Hi all, I was tired of manually enter the transactions and I don't wanna use the API of Binance. So, I made a quick and dirty command line parser to convert the Binance trade history to the import format of delta. It will read in the trade history (needs to be a *.csv file) and will store a ... Bitcoin Price Chart Today: Current Value Of BTC. If you are interested to see the current Bitcoin value from the top cryptocurrency exchanges such as Binance, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Coinbase, Okex, Kraken and others, our Bitcoin price chart lets you compare prices between exchanges on the charts. Customizable interactive chart for Binance Coin / Bitcoin with latest real-time price quote, charts, latest news, technical analysis and opinions.
[index]          
How to file crypto taxes Robinhood and all other investments----FREE CRYPTO/ FREE STOCKS for signing up----- Easiest Exchange's Join Robinhood and get a stock like Apple, Ford, or Sprint for free. 10. 第十课：Binance API币安API接口获取交易所数据并保存成CSV文件BinanceAPI视频讲解-51bitquant Python量化课程。课程主要讲解币安api文档，以及利用request ... How to file your cryptocurrency & bitcoin taxes with CoinTracker and TurboTax - Duration: 13:32. CoinTracker 5,793 views. 13:32. Language: English Location: United States ... I hope to see you all at Tokenomx: https://live.yellow.com/ Use the code DATADASH for 30% off! -----... CoinTracker tutorial on how to file your cryptocurrency and bitcoin taxes with CoinTracker and TurboTax. Import your transactions from top exchanges includin... Live BTCUSD Bitcoin Trading Cloud Bot for Deribit Live Free Crypto Robot 415 watching Live now Bitcoin Trading for Beginners (A Guide in Plain English) - Duration: 18:48. This video is superseded by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iHRINTvMjc in which you can download "MT5 Crypto Charts Manager" and the whole process is automa... Depth Chart Binance Explained for Crypto Trading. How to Read Binance Depth Chart for beginners. GET YOUR FREE STOCK in Robinhood http://share.robinhood.com/... This video is unavailable. Watch Queue Queue. Watch Queue Queue Queue Chamath Palihapitiya Live: Bitcoin Halving, BTC Updates, Price and Mining Chamath US Live 53,048 watching Live now Up and Running with Peercoin - 07 Quick Tour of BTC-E Exchange - Duration: 2:22.